Anxious to Awesome™
Become a Certified Anxious to Awesome™ Facilitator
The demand to support children moving through anxious feelings has never been greater. In the fall of 2020 the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and the Children’s Hospital Association joined together to declare a National State of Emergency in Children’s Mental Health.
Anxious to Awesome™ is a system based on the therapeutic applications of Yoga. This is a traditional system of mental/emotional development that is being further validated by modern neuroimaging techniques. It is a comprehensive system for self-development and mastery at every level of our being. It is an unsurpassed method to address mental health. There are no addictions or side-effects. It’s a self-initiated, low cost, easy-to-access wellness strategy for life. It is both a system and a mindset.
These time-tested tools address the root cause of any imbalance and support wellbeing on all levels – physical, mental/emotional and spiritual. Children will learn wellness habits that last a lifetime.
Learn this system with specific tools to support children’s mental health.
Anxiety in Children is Prevalent and Pervasive
Conservative estimates are that 20% of school-age children experience anxiety to the extent that it disrupts their quality of life. This can include physical issues such as tummy trouble or headaches. It can also interfere with a child's ability to socialize or participate in activities.
The numbers are even higher with teenagers. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, nearly 32% of adolescents have an anxiety disorder. Of adolescents with an anxiety disorder, an estimated 8.3% have a severe impairment (according to DSM-IV criteria).
And that was before Covid. There are a lot of children who need your help!
The CDC reports that children with anxiety or depression were more likely than those without to have:
- Another mental, behavioral, or developmental disorder such as attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, learning disability, or speech or language problems
- Other chronic health conditions, like asthma or hearing problems
- Challenges with school
- Parents who report high levels of stress and frustration with parenting
- Unmet medical and mental health service needs
What Can I Do?
Take the Anxious to Awesome™ Facilitator training!
Once you have completed this training, you will be prepared to offer our signature 6-week course for children ages 6 - 16. You'll also have the resources to offer these strategies in small segments throughout your day as a parent, school teacher, therapist or other pediatric professional.
We have two paths for those who want to participate in this training.
- A professional who wants to weave this system, tools and mindset into their work, such as a social worker, school psychologist, teacher, occupational therapist or a coach. This is also for parents wanting to use it at home.
- A to A Certified Facilitator. You want to teach Anxious to Awesome™ classes, workshops and tune-ups using the logo with business support and all the benefits of being connected to the Anxious to Awesome program. This path includes a month-to-month membership of $25 and includes ongoing education, resources, interaction with other facilitators and income opportunities.
Becoming a Certified Facilitator is a simple, two-step process:
- Attend and fully participate in the Anxious to Awesome Facilitator training.
- Maintain an active membership. Currently $25 a month.
When you are a Certified Facilitator you get:
- Everything you need to deliver our 6-week Anxious to Awesome™ course for children ages 6 - 16. It's done for you and ready to go so kids can feel less anxious and more awesome.
- Live, quarterly business/marketing coaching on how to use your certification to run book clubs, workshops, classes, individual sessions, 20-minute tune-ups and more.
- Monthly facilitator skills workshop
- Monthly "tea" - though tea is optional and it's more than a social.
- Use of the Anxious to Awesome logo when teaching specific Anxious to Awesome content.
- Affiliate commissions on the 21-day Anxious to Awesome Journey for families.
- Listed on the Anxious to Awesome website, featuring your links.
- Ongoing tools in your Facilitators-only area on our website.
What's Included in the Training?
- An intimate and supportive experience with other compassionate caregivers like you
- High quality training with Mira Binzen who has over 20 years of experience and a depth of knowledge unmatched in the world of Yoga for children
- Specific techniques and proven strategies that are safe, effective and fun for children
- Clear and simple insight into the rich tradition and technology behind these strategies
- A framework that brings it all together for a powerful and transformative experience for children
- A complete, done-for-you course that you will experience for yourself in this training – then be able to deliver to the children in your community right away
- Modifications for various ages and situations
- A digital manual
- The option to join our membership community for ongoing support and engagement
Want to help your kid get centered and empowered for the day before you send them off to school? Need to have some “reset” strategies in your classroom? Looking for effective ways to begin and end a therapy session? Ready to bring this full course to your community? All this is included in our Anxious to Awesome™ program.
Who Teaches This Course?
Mira Binzen graduated from the University of Minnesota in 1991 with a degree in child psychology. She received her teacher’s training certificate from Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Ashram in India in 1999. She is certified to teach both children and adults, and is registered at the 500-hour level with Yoga Alliance. She is also a Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT) and a Certified iRest® Yoga Nidra Teacher. Mira has worked as Yoga Therapist with the Integrative Medicine Program at Minneapolis Children’s Hospital and has been teaching classes to children, families and adults for decades.
Testimonials for Anxious to Awesome™
I have already introduced the Captain's Log and the Stressometer (to an 8-year old boy with extreme, school-related anxiety). At the end of the session, the captain reported being "on the green," which meant totally calm. Thank you for all the tools. It's going to be a game-changer for many kids and their adults.
Marta G., Yorktown Heights, NY
You have reminded me that it’s important to have fun and not stress over every single little thing. It makes a great bonding experience for parents with their kids to break it down into chunks and help guide them through.
Miranda E., Green Bay, WI
I've been sharing Anxious to Awesome™ programing with teens and am amazed at just how beneficial it is. They're loving it!
Stacy M., Berwyn, IL
Frequently Asked Questions